This was done at the time of the conversion of the Post Office building to retail and commercial space.
The scope of work included: servicing of all windows and replacement of glass panes. Where windows had rusted and were beyond economical repair Metal Windows sourced appropriate steel section and custom manufactured matching replacement windows. Most of the replacement windows are in architectural elements spanning multiple floors from the top of the building to the first floor level!
The General Post Office building was completed in 1940 on the site of the old Opera House. The exterior displays some interesting carvings and the main hall has six outstanding panels around the walls executed by leading contemporary artists of the forties. At the time of its completion it was the tallest building in Africa. Today, the original Banking Hall is used as an indoor market for informal trader.